The Diocese of Coventry
The Diocese of Coventry represents the Church of England in Coventry and Warwickshire. With a network of 200 parishes, we have a Christian presence in every local community. We have a rich variety of people and traditions, and yet we are united in our shared mission of "worshipping God ...making new disciples ...transforming Communities".
You can follow the link to the website here.
The Diocesan Board of Education seeks to serve and equip the church school family in a variety of ways. The Diocesan Director of Education, Canon Linda Wainscot, is supported by a team of highly qualified, experienced and well-regarded professionals who aim to:
- ‘be there’ for our church school family and act as a central reference point supporting pastorally and professionally;
- facilitate creative and flexible networking between schools;
- promote excellence and distinctiveness within the family of church schools, academies and beyond;
- share best practice collectively;
- provide professional development: for staff at all stages of their careers and for governors;
- support the development of flexible partnerships;
- promote the establishment of new church schools;
- support the process of academy conversion;
- work in partnership with schools, and other agencies, to effect school improvement;
- represent church schools to the wider church, to diocesan groups, in the press, and in public and community debate;
- ensure equality of opportunity including managing admission appeals;
- protect the status of church schools and promote the importance and the continuance of the voluntary sector.
Watch the below video for an insight into The Diocese of Coventry
|Facts and Figures|
|Stories from our diocese|